Home > Watches > Oris
In 1904 the Oris watch factory is founded by Paul Cattin and Georges Christian at Hölstein, Switzerland.
The legendary pointer calendar entered production in 1938, marking a milestone in the history of Oris. Since then, the pointer calendar has always been included in the Oris collection.
Oris established a good name for quality alarm clocks. For the first time in 1949, the company introduced an alarm clock which needs to be wound once every eight days. Even today, these timepieces still remain in use.
In 1968 Oris obtains full chronometer certification from the Observatory of Neuchâtel. This award for movement cal. 652 is among the highest forms of recognition that exist for accuracy and superior quality.
Oris launched its first chronograph in 1970, which was developed in conjunction with the Dubois Depraz factory.
1988 saw Oris introduce its first mechanical alarm wristwatch in a limited edition.
The last series of these movements, which were formerly manufactured by the A. Schild company, is bought by Oris and fitted into a classic-shape case.
Watches · Search · Site Map · Home